Wednesday, January 21, 2015
If one of your New Year resolutions was to start eating breakfast this recipe is for you. It's so simple!
This recipe is great because you can freeze these little egg sandwiches and reheat (about 1 minute in the microwave if defrosted) whenever you want! Life savers in the mornings when you're running late.
1 carton of eggs (or less; depending on how many you feel like making)
1 carton of egg whites (again less depending on how many you make)
Fresh spinach (or any other veggies of your choice!)
Your choice of cheese
1 or 2 packs of English Muffins
Cooking Spray (don't forget this!)
Garlic salt and pepper
1. First spray your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. These can be a little difficult to get out so make sure you do this!
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Crack one egg in to each hole (I didn't fill the whole pan because I didn't have enough eggs or English muffins)
4. Fill each hole with some egg whites. Don't fill to the top, leave some space to add the vegetables.
5. Place freshly chopped vegetables in the holes. I just used spinach but you really can add whatever you want to these.
6. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. I normally bake for 20 so that the yolk isn't runny.
8. While they are baking, toast the English muffins and add the cheese slices.
9. Either enjoy now or place the sandwiches right back in the English Muffin package and freeze them (or in zip lock baggies). After you freeze them, thaw them out and then put in the microwave for about 1 minute).