Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pure Barre

I'm one of those people who tend to become bored with their work outs, especially in the winter when I don't have the option to go outside (if you're one of those people who run outside in the winter I'm impressed).  So I'm often looking for new activities in order to stay motivated.

I heard of Pure Barre awhile ago through coworkers and I really wanted to try it, so being the type A person that I am, I researched it and decided I needed to see what it was all about.

1. Research. Their website gives you a great idea of what the class is about. It has videos, testimonials, and what to expect from the class. You can search for a Pure Barr location, the class schedule, and prices. Oh and shop! They have such cute work out clothes. Below are some pictures from the Rocky River location.

2. So far I've taken four classes and my takeaway is that you need to stay with it! After my first class I was sore. Really sore. Now I'm still sore but I've definitely noticed the moves have become easier and I know what to expect from each class.

3. Don't be nervous. I think everyone is nervous about taking any type of class, especially on the first day, but the instructors at Pure Barre are extremely helpful. During the class I was nervous I wasn't doing the moves correctly or some of the moves I couldn't do at all. Trust me, no one in the class is paying attention to your moves, they're focused on their own. If I couldn't do something I tried my best and the instructor would help me if needed.

4. The class size is small and the atmosphere is a dance studio. I really liked this because I took a dance class when I was younger in gymnastics (it was mandatory, I was a terrible dancer and still am). I like being able to see exactly what I'm doing in the mirrors and being able to watch others to make sure my form is correct. Each class is a little different every time. Some moves are repeated but you will never have the exact same class.

5. You will shake. This sounds weird but while doing a lot of the moves your body and muscles will shake. After four classes the shaking has lessen and each time I've been able to hold the moves longer than the previous time. I still have more classes to attend but so far my experience has been great and I love how strong I feel after each class.



*A special thank you to Lori, owner at Pure Barre Rocky River and Westlake/Avon for getting me into the studio for my first classes! Please check them out if you're in the Cleveland area.*



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much!! I really like your blog as well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pure Barre. I started a couple months ago and think it's great for toning. I know what you mean about the shaking tho, mine was so bad the first couple times I went!

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On their site it says you'll shake but until you experience it it's hard to explain it lol! Thanks for reading xox

      Delete