Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Obsessed: Goat Cheese

This post was originally going to be a post about a beauty product or fashion trend that I'm obsessed with; however, then I remembered why I decided to write a lifestyle blog so that I can write about other topics that I love. Food is definitely one of those topics.

The title of this post should read obsessed with all kinds of cheeses but goat cheese really holds a place in my heart. This cheese alone has swayed my decision on menu items just because the dish had this cheese involved.

As much as I love goat cheese I've never cooked with it. Kinda intimidated by it and kinda afraid I'll screw up the dish so badly that it'll ruin the cheese for me forever. So I started out with this super easy recipe AND I made it for a Super Bowl party. Big hit. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Fresh basil leaves
1 package of natural goat cheese (not the crumbles, the spread)
1 jar of sun dried tomato with extra virgin olive oil
1 package of toasted crostini

1. Chop up the basil and the tomatoes and set them aside.

2. Spread the goat cheese on the crostini.

3. Spread the basil and tomatoes on top of the cheese.

4. Drizzle some of the extra virgin olive oil from the tomato jar on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment