Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Transitional Skirt

Stepping out of my comfort zone again with this outfit. While I love the colors, fit, and stripe pattern of this skirt, pairing it with an equally tight crop top isn't something I would normally do (especially when I was going to a steak house for dinner). But since this is what I had to work with I went for it and I'm happy I did.

This skirt's texture is great and makes it a perfect transitional piece for this time of year. It's a soft knit material and I can't wait to wear it with a cozy turtleneck in the fall. I also just found out this skirt has a matching top available at Nordstrom as well.

I mentioned I wore this look to dinner but before dinner we went to the John Hancock center in Chicago to snap some pictures and the views were gorgeous. We went during the sunset and I would highly recommend going at that time, below is just one picture but you get the idea.

Thanks for reading!


Skirt here
Crop top here
Purse here; Similar shoes here

12 comments:

  1. This is the perfect piece to transition into fall... what a great skirt... I love the colors! Glad you took a step outside of your norm and tried something different, looks great!


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Cobalt Blue Dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors are perfect, they go with so much!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous skirt!
    http://sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt! You look stunning!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, you look gorgeous!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was recently in Chicago and we stayed right by John Hancock Centre, but didn't go to the top - I'm regretting that now seeing your photos! Love this skirt on you.
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this skirt! It looks great on you!!

    www.athreadofcouture.com

    ReplyDelete